Monday, December 23, 2013

Kathryn as Mom

This is my first time "blogging", but I have wanted to blog about Kathryn and the incredible mother she is to our son.  Very few people get to see this, but more should.  She is not only a natural mother, but she is extremely patient, positive, and loving to this little boy.  From the minute we found out she was pregnant she has made this motherly transformation that has been incredible to witness.  Not that she needed to improve anything, but before she was my best friend, my life partner, my wife, a great sister, daughter and friend.  Now she is a MOM!  There were times where we sat and wondered how we would handle or react to certain things.  We even discussed what we were supposed to do when we got home from the hospital, where I replied "all we have to do is keep him alive".  We wondered how we would deal with certain situations, and what it would be like to truly be sleep deprived.  Since that little man was born and she held him for the first time, there have been no questions for her.  She has totally become Mom and as we all know.....Mom's don't get sick, they know everything, and they can ALWAYS make you feel better.  That's the truth, because she is the ONE person that can always calm him down and make him feel better.

I have shared our birthing story with many of you, and some haven't heard it.  I will spare Kathryn and not post it on the internet, but if you really want to hear it, give me a call because it was the most heroic, bravest things I have ever witnessed.  That woman pushed for 1.5 hours before she started to give up, but that is when it happened.  She morphed into this warrior and powered through it.  The amount of respect that I now have for her, and all other mothers is insurmountable.  Then sitting there watching her (and scrambling to take pictures because the ONE job I had, I screwed up) hold him for the first time made me so happy.  I never knew that a tiny 8 lb. human could make you feel that way.  Hudson will read this post one day and will already know how incredible his mom is, but just in case he doesn't he will now!  The sacrifices and pain (along with 1,000 other side effects, symptoms, and after birth care) that go along with having a child is something I didn't appreciate until now. 

Now that we are watching him grow up it fascinates me how much of a part of his life she truly is.  She is with him 24/7 and has made him the happiest baby that I have ever met.  Every time Hudson sees her, he immediately locks onto her and starts smiling.  He knows who she is and he already feels unconditional love from her.  Sure he laughs and smiles at me, but it is different with her.  She is his momma and she is ALWAYS there for him.

Below are some pictures I have taken with/without her knowing.  Growing up, it was drilled into my head that it wasn't important what I was doing when everyone was looking, but what I was doing when no one was looking.  Seeing her in action when she thinks no one is looking is truly amazing.








2 comments:

  1. This is so incredibly sweet! Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more! And you are a wonderful husband and father to let her know how special she is!!

    ReplyDelete